Italian Intermezzo (Preview 2019)
About Rome, Italy
Additional Included Highlights
- Venice: Cruise to St. Mark’s Square by private launch. See St. Mark’s Basilica, the bell tower, clock tower, Doge's Palace and Bridge of Sighs.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum as well as other medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city.
- Lake Como: The L'antica Riva restaurant, situated on picturesque Lake Como, is built within a historic 17th century building which was one of the ﬁrst houses of the area. Here you will enjoy a special Welcome Dinner with wine, as you get to know your fellow travellers.
- Florence: During dinner, meet a sommelier who will talk you through a tasting of some of Tuscan’s finest wines.
- Vatican City: Enjoy an exclusive Celebration Dinner at the at the Vatican's Cortile del Giardino Quadrato. What better way to toast your escorted journey than in true VIP style?
- Included Quality Dining: 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Venice: See a master craftsman honouring age-old Venetian crafts, when you visit an artisan showroom and workshop on Giudecca Island.
- Florence: Gain a fascinating insight into the work of Michelangelo’s masterpiece, David, with a Renaissance art expert during your visit to the Accademia Museum.
- Vatican City: Join your Local Expert and explore the city's highlights including St. Peters Basilica and the Sistine Chapel, with VIP access into the Vatican Museums.
Top Rated Highlights
- Verona: During your orientation, walk past the well preserved Roman Arena to Juliet's balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you are serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Florence: During your guided walk see the cathedral, bell tower and Gates of Paradise on the baptistery. Visit the political heart of the city, Piazza della Signoria. See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods. Witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Pisa: See the cathedral, baptistery and gravity-defying Leaning Tower.
- Assisi: A Local Expert will explain why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum. You will also see other medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Vatican City: Visit the stunning Museo Gregoriano Profano which documents various moments and themes in classical art, from Ancient Greece through to the late Imperial Roman age.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.